A leading independent grain and seed merchanting business in East Anglia is looking to recruit a Seed Manager to head up its seed department. The business is an established and profitable agricultural merchant and has seen steady growth over a number of years. The opportunity has arisen for an experienced seeds professional to take the seed department to the next level.
This is a hands-on, yet strategic role, and would suit either a progressive and ambitious seed professional looking for the next step up the career ladder, or for an established manager looking for a fresh challenge.
- Maintain and grow a profitable seed department
- Expand the current market options and build existing and new commercial relationships
- Building on the on-farm multiplication strengths of the existing business
- Lead and manage a seed department and small team
- Build and maintain customer, supplier and breeder relationships to develop business
- Sit on the Management team of the business.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 4 – 5 years’ experience in an arable seed sales/seed production environment
- Industry knowledge
- Hands-on but also strategically focussed
- A confident communicator
- Well organised and determined
- Demonstrable business acumen, including management ability
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious seeds professional to join the management team of a successful independent business, and develop the seeds business to its full potential.
Location: East Anglia – please call Brian for precise location details.
Salary: Competitive salary dependant on experience, plus profit related bonus scheme and benefits commensurate with the position.
Please call Brian Hutchison on 07765 222625 for further details and a confidential chat about this opportunity or email your CV to email@example.com