Crop Protection and Health (CHAP) is an Agri-Tech centre focused on improving crop production in a sustainable manner. CHAP acts as a catalyst for innovation and facilitates the development of new research, technologies, and solutions that will help to increase the economic performance and environmental footprint of crop production.
Brand new role, with wide range of responsibilities. Primarily the post holder will support the Innovation Director, and help to continue the development of a successful and growing collaborative research & development (CR&D) programme at CHAP working with a wide range of partners and the wider Agri-Tech community.
The post will cover the full process of CR&D pipeline from initiating networks; scoping available funding opportunities; bid development and writing; scouting ideas for new innovation projects; and also monitoring & assessing current projects. The post provides the opportunity for external liaison with academia, industry, farmers, growers, innovators, stakeholder groups, government and funders.
- Help to develop consortium networks with CHAP partners and wider community
- Initiate, develop and execute successful applications and bid proposals to enhance the CHAP innovation program and maximise use of current CHAP capabilities
- Develop core foundational documentation and systems for successful application/bid and consortium applications
- Provide accurate technical assessment of applications, bids and projects and present those findings to technical and non-technical audience including Executive Team and Board
- Actively engage with current research and industry developments to produce periodical briefing documents for colleagues, Board and wider audience.
- Report to the Innovation Director, Exec Team and the Board – and assist in the overall objectives of CHAP
- Provide support to the Innovation Director and work within the senior CHAP team at York
- Travel extensively to visit CHAP partners, research institutes, and to attend industry events.
- Degree or higher level qualification in Biology/Plant Science/Agriculture/Agronomy/Soil Science or similar
- Experience of working in academia and collaborative R&D projects.
- Commercial experience and understanding – essential
- Clear understanding of U.K. and international research funding programs
- Evidence of effective grant application/bid writing,
- Project management skills – essential
- Able to co-ordination and developing professional networks.
- Able to think strategically, interpreting complex information, and having a clear view of the “big picture”
- Excellent writing skills and presentation skills – with ability to engage with stakeholders up to board level.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks, working to challenging targets and deadlines
- Excellent analytical and complex problem solving skills, with a solution based approach
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
- The ability to represent CHAP nationally or internationally as required.
- Full UK driving licence
- An understanding of current crop protection & biosecurity legislation and best practice
Location: York office base or Harpenden office base
Salary: Attractive salary package
Please call Margaret Wilkinson of Hunter Chase Consultants for a confidential discussion and further details of this exciting role on 07921 454473 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org