Omex is a market-leading group of companies, enjoying global success in the manufacture of complex liquid formulations, notably suspensions, together with the supply of foliar Health Promoters and the delivery of complete crop nutrition services. With an impressive track record of research, technical innovation and unique product development, Omex operates successfully across the whole of UK agriculture.
Due to an expansion of business the Company wishes to recruit a Crop Nutrition Agronomist for East Anglia and Southern England to maximize the sales of foliar and speciality fertilisers by providing technical solutions to customers’ needs, by building strong relationships with existing customers and developing business with new customers.
Key tasks include:
- Work closely with the District Sales Managers. Also, liaise effectively with the Company’s Agronomists, Distribution and Credit Control personnel, helping to ensure the achievement of customer requirements
- To prepare, agree and implement a coherent sales plan that will achieve sales growth and deliver exceptional customer service
- Develop close working relationships with distributor and independent agronomists. Support them on farm if required. Influence their decision making process to promote Omex product range where technically appropriate
- Develop technical expertise in a particular crop sector (e.g. such as roots or brassicas). Develop technical expertise in particular product groups (e.g. PGPRs or elicitors)
- To provide authoritative technical training, advise and support for distributor customers and independent agronomists as and when required
Ideally candidates will have both BASIS and FACTS qualifications and an agricultural based qualification would be an additional advantage. Individuals will need to demonstrate a successful commercial and technical track record in advising and selling to farmer customers. Working from a home base the successful candidate will be highly self-motivated, tenacious and have the stature, technical authority and the right interpersonal skills to develop strong personal relationships both with customers and colleagues.
There is a full and highly competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
For a confidential discussion about the role and to view a comprehensive job description, please call Brian Hutchison of Hunter Chase Consultants on 01778 440321 or email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.