Interesting new research agronomy role with a leading global crop protection company, working on field, polytunnel and glasshouse studies. Working as part of an established and friendly Research Station Team, the experimental crop trials work undertaken involves the development and testing of new herbicide and bio herbicide products, and ongoing product development programmes across a wide range of agricultural and horticultural crops. This is a practical crop trials role and will involve planning, protocol preparation, cultivations, application, harvesting and field assessments of arable and horticultural crops throughout the growing cycle. Field trials need to be performed to high standards to ensure that the data generated meets the necessary international standards (EPPO). Collaboration with UK and Global colleagues will be important and there will be the opportunity for some overseas travel. Information and research results will also need to be presented on a regular basis to project leaders, and so presentation skills are essential.
- BSc or equivalent (or higher qualification) in Agriculture, Agronomy, Life Science or similar.
- Several years of experience in crop trials and research agronomy.
- Good understanding of weed science and the resistance management of weeds
- BASIS qualification helpful but not essential.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Organised approach and so able to focus on delivering results
- Skills to undertake detailed record keeping and analysis of data.
- Computer literacy including Excel skills, and ideally experience with ARM software packages.
- Full driving licence
LOCATION: West Midlands.
SALARY: Competitive salary package with excellent career progression opportunities.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence, or call Margaret on 07921 454473 for further details.