Poultry Carcass Evaluation & Processing Manager – Scotland
SRUC is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe. Their ambitious and exciting vision is to work at local, national and international levels, leading innovation and sustainable development in agriculture and rural sectors.
A position has arisen within SRUC’s Carcass Evaluation Unit, currently based in Auchincruive, near Ayr; but relocating to brand new facility at the Bush Estate, Edinburgh later this year. The successful applicant will take on the role of managing a team of up to 15 staff in a licenced poultry processing plant, where poultry is processed and portioned in order to generate high quality data on carcass and component weight and quality, and will be responsible for providing collected data to research staff and clients (e.g. Aviagen). An important and wide ranging role.
Experience in the meat hygiene service or in veterinary inspection or in abattoir environment would be ideal for this role.
- Poultry processing – experience and knowledge of all aspects
- Minimum of an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Valid Intermediate/Advanced HACCP qualification
- Health & Safety certification.
- Experience in management of staff in a supervisory role is essential
- IT literate across all Microsoft PC packages
- Flexible, problem-solving approach to overcome challenges, taking initiative & responsibility for proposed solutions
- Team-working attitude
Salary – Competitive salary package depending on experience
Location – Edinburgh