Exciting and varied new career opening for an individual with commercial and business acumen!
An experienced account manager, business development manager, sales professional, or consultant, is sought to account manage existing clients, develop business opportunities, and secure new business from a wide range of commercial and corporate clients – working right along the supply chain from farmer to the processor to the retailer. Great opportunity to join a leading organisation which sits at the heart of UK crop science and innovation, and is already involved with a range of collaborative research & development programmes. Our well respected client also provides a wide range of technical services to clients – and helps UK farmers and growers to improve their productivity, and the quality & sustainability of their crops. The appointed BDM will be able to quickly make their mark, and be encouraged to excel and prosper for the longer-term, in this fast growing, science-based organisation.
This is a hands-on, results focused role and so you will be expected to:
- manage current projects and keep in touch with key accounts, and maximise the service offering and revenue from these established clients.
- generate and secure new business from UK and Global clients.
- assist in commercial development and look for new business opportunities/ventures or product offerings.
- oversee a small support and delivery team
Ideally candidates should combine knowledge of crop science, and food production, with some experience in business development, or sales/marketing, or consultancy, or knowledge transfer. Our client can provide training and support as required.
- Demonstrable sales or business development or consultancy experience in agriculture, agribusiness or the wider food supply chain
- Commercial experience and flare
- Determination, resilience, and focus to succeed
- Able to develop and grow lasting business relationships
- Sales and marketing experience helpful but may not be essential
- Project management skills – preferred
- A strong background in crop science or agricultural science – degree or masters degree
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentations) & ideally some negotiation skills.
- Willing to travel around the UK and occasionally internationally as required.
- Driving licence essential
Location: Cambridge office, with UK and international travel
Salary: £35-50k base plus benefits
Please email your CV to email@example.com in confidence, or do call Margaret on 07921 4154473 for a confidential discussion about this opportunity.