Experienced Business Development Manager (BDM) is sought to join a leading Agri-Tech business.
The BDM will work with the Commercial Director and the rest of the commercial and science teams to develop a pipeline of new business and grant funded projects. The will also be the need to manage existing key accounts and to help the business to achieve financial growth. This requires a thorough knowledge of the agricultural sector, especially crop systems and some knowledge of current innovation to improve crop productivity.
The BDM will engage with leading Scientists, and will identify opportunities across SME’s, large AgriBusiness companies, grower groups, agronomy businesses, food retailers, seed companies and soil scientists. This role has a strong sales focus.
- Identify business opportunities, grant opportunties and recognise the potential for innovation in Agriculture and Agrifood.
- Help to define short, medium and long-term strategic goals, including project and income targets.
- Build high level strategic key relationships in the sector and develop unique selling propositions.
- Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting them with new solutions, services and support where possible.
- Readily develop a rapport with new clients, and determine income generation, and provide necessary support
- Engage companies/businesses in collaborative research projects and help to identify appropriate sources of funding from Innovate UK
- Prospect for new business by networking and giving presentations
- Make presentations or develop solutions and services that meet clients’ current and future needs.
- Negotiate and close business deals.
- Attend sector events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on the broader sector.
- Develop specialist knowledge of the Agri-Tech sector, and CHAP’s capabilities, in order to be able to respond professionally and with confidence to enquiries.
- Work with Marketing team to make presentations and develop solutions and services for clients needs.
A scientific degree or Masters or PhD.
Proven track record in key account management or business development or sales in Agri-tech, Agriculture, Horticulture, AgriBusiness or AgriFood
Track record in collaborative project building
Able to build rapport and effective relationships easily and quickly across a broad spectrum of stakeholders
Bid writing or grant application experience – preferred but not essential
Experience of working in the Agricultural and Horticultural sector with network of contacts
Communication skills, sales, and presentation skills
Team Player with collaborative style of work
Willing to travel around the UK on average 2 days per week.
Location: Home based in England, Wales or Scotland
Salary: Attractive package & benefits
For a confidential discussion and comprehensive job profile please call Margaret Wilkinson of Hunter Chase Consultants on 07921 454473 or email your CV to email@example.com
Check out our other vacancies here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.