Great opportunity for a recent graduate to join a well-established and growing animal nutrition business. The appointed trainee will quickly gain experience in all aspects animal feed formulation, raw material evaluation, quality control, feed costings, feed manufacture and labelling. Feed Formulators liaise closely with senior animal nutritionists to ensure that diets are of the highest quality and give optimum livestock performance, and utilise the most up to date nutrition knowledge.
Our client is a leader in the manufacture and marketing of high quality animal feed products to UK farmers and livestock producers.
The appointed individual will join an established team, and over time they will gain expertise and skills to enable to them to take on the responsibility for the feed formulation work for at least one feed mill.
- Recent graduate in Animal Science, Animal Nutrition, Agricultural Science, Agriculture, Biology, or similar
- Some knowledge of animal nutrition and livestock production – pig, poultry, beef, sheep or dairy would be very helpful but is not absolutely essential.
- Able to demonstrate close attention to detail.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Candidates need to be highly motivated with a can-do attitude
- Able to communicate well at all levels.
- Commercial awareness would also be helpful.
- Driving licence preferred.
Ongoing training and career development will be encouraged and supported within this vibrant and successful business. This role could provide a stepping stone to a wide range of other technical and commercial roles within this vibrant Animal Feed company.
Competitive salary and benefits for the right candidate.
Office based in East of England – precise location details and full job spec available on request.
To register your interest in this vacancy please email your CV through to email@example.com as soon as possible, or telephone 01778 440321.